Aug 13, 2021
Due to more personnel working onsite, State Archives public research spaces in Raleigh, the Western Regional Archives in Asheville and the Outer Banks History Center are expanding its hours of operations.
- Search room hours will be Monday to Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Raleigh and 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for the Outer Banks History Center and Western Regional Archives. Please contact us if your research requires time outside of our public hours or prefer to conduct research remotely.
- Visitors are no longer required to make an appointment, but visitors may continue to use the appointment system and advise us if you need records pulled in advance.
- The front entrance will remain locked until a Capital Police Guard is assigned to the building. If a guard is not available to open the door, please call us (919-814-6840), and we can send someone to let you inside.
- In accordance to Executive Order (EO) 224, staff are required to wear a face mask while working in public spaces. Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask.
- Plexiglass barriers and hand sanitizers will remain in public spaces.
- Researchers are encouraged to bring their own pencils, laptop or other electronic device, and camera/phone for making copies of documents. Pens are not allowed in the search room.
- Please see the State Archives website for additional details and to prepare for your visit.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit.
Keep up to date with our plans by visiting our website at https://archives.ncdcr.gov/ or following us on social media. We look forward to seeing you soon!