Volunteers provide support to the mission of the State Archives of North Carolina without expectation of pay. Volunteer opportunities are open to anyone with experience or interest in archives and the history and heritage of North Carolina. Whatever skills you have, we are committed to finding the right opportunity for you.
How do I apply?
- Complete the volunteer form below.
- After completing it, email your updated resumé and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your cover letter address the following:
- Your career goals
- How this experience will help you achieve those goals
- Skills, activities, prior experience, and/or coursework relevant to archives
Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by phone or email approximately four weeks after the application deadline.
- August 1: Fall Semester (16 weeks)
- December 1: Spring Semester (16 weeks)
- April 1: Summer semester (12 weeks)