Internships at the State Archives of North Carolina provide opportunities to high school, undergraduate, and graduate students to become familiar with the inner workings of archives. Through this partnership interns can receive practical experiences to help clarify and further career goals. These internships are for experience and are not paid positions. Internships are open to high school students, college undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates. Eligibility varies for each internship term. The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment. If you need course credit for your internship work, please discuss that with the internship coordinator before beginning your internship.
How do I apply?
- Complete the application form below.
- After completing it, email your updated resumé and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your cover letter address the following:
- Your career goals
- How this experience will help you achieve those goals
- Skills, activities, prior experience, and/or coursework relevant to archives
Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by phone or email approximately four weeks after the application deadline.
Available Internship Positions
A list of internship opportunities for Summer 2023 is now available.
- August 1: Fall Semester (16 weeks)
- December 1: Spring Semester (16 weeks)
- April 1: Summer semester (12 weeks)