Due to more personnel working onsite, the State Archives public research space in Raleigh is expanding its hours of operations.
- Starting Monday, Oct. 11, 2021, Search Room hours will be Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Saturday and Sunday).
- Starting Nov. 8, 2021, Search Room hours will be Tuesday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (closed Sunday and Monday). Also note the Search Room will be closed Thursday, Nov. 11 for Veteran’s Day.
- If your research requires time outside our public hours or if you prefer to conduct research remotely, please contact us at email@example.com or 919-814-6840.
- Visitors are no longer required to make an appointment, but visitors may contact us if they need records pulled in advance. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The front entrance will remain locked, but a Capital Police Guard should be available to open the door. If security is not available, please call us (919-814-6840) and we can send someone to let you inside.
- In accordance to Executive Order (EO) 224, staff are required to wear a face mask while working in public spaces. Visitors are also required to wear a face mask inside the building.
- Plexiglass barriers and hand sanitizers will remain in public spaces.
- Researchers are encouraged to bring their own pencils, laptop or other electronic device, and camera/phone for making copies of documents. Pens are not allowed in the search room.
- Please see the State Archives website for additional details and to prepare for your visit.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit.
Keep up to date with our plans by visiting our website at https://archives.ncdcr.gov/ or following us on social media. We look forward to seeing you soon!