Higher Ed RM

Associated Files


If there are legacy records that are not addressed by the current retention and disposition schedule, an institution may submit the request for disposal of unscheduled records. If there are records actively being received and/or created by an institution that are not on the schedule, an institution should submit a request for change in the institution’s records schedule. Once an institution (or an entity within said institution) has an electronic records policy approved by the Government Records Section, they can use the Authorization to Destroy Paper Records to document records that are scanned and retained electronically. A sample destructions log and a sample file plan can be found at https://archives.ncdcr.gov/documents/state-agency-rm.

Last updated:
First published: