Public Building projects completed by the Emergency Relief Administration included schoolhouses, courthouses, firehouses, armories, city and county halls, jails and prisons, hospitals and sanitariums. School repair and improvement projects of one sort or another were carried on in every county in North Carolina. Some materials for these projects were transferred from the CWA. The WPA in North Carolina built several armories in the coastal counties in an effort to fortify home defense.
List of Images:
- Capitol Grounds Improvements.
- Forestry school building in Durham County.
- Repairs to Dairy Research Plant in Willard, 1939.
- New armory in Parkton, 1939.
- The men take a break to receive their pay in Durham County.
- Young Tarheel Farmers Camp at White Lake received several new buildings, c.1934.
- An addition was added to Mill Spring School in Polk County, 1939.
- American Legion Hut in Lumberton, 1933.
- Improvements to the Macedonia Colored School, c.1934.
- New School in Big Bend, c.1934.
- New School in Big Bend, c.1934. (second image)