Friends of the Archives
The Friends of the Archives is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization formed in 1977 whose mission is to support, promote, and strengthen the collections, services, and programs of the State Archives of North Carolina. The mission of the State Archives is to collect, preserve and provide access to North Carolina’s documentary history and culture.
The Friends receives grants, bequests, and donations from individuals, corporations, foundations and other organizations in support of its work.
With the generous donations and endowments, the Friends purchases collections, funds conservation work, implements public programming, and sponsors staff education and professional development.
Support the Friends of the Archives Today!
View Issues of The Charter Newsletter:
Why become a member?
- The Friends unites you with a community of professional and lay historians who share an interest in the culture and history of North Carolina and want to use their time, energy, and financial resources toward the preservation of irreplaceable artifacts
- Provides opportunities to volunteer with archival processing and program development while becoming invested in the success of the Friends and the State Archives
- Your resources and efforts stay in the state
- Your donations are tax deductible
- Membership includes issues of the Charter, a newsletter published three times yearly. The Charter provides updates on State Archives' activities, programs, collections, and events
- 10% discount off of publications from the Historical Publications Office
- Discounted registration to paid workshop